Sunday, August 12, 2007

Sunny Day

Going out to the sea on a warm day... in a small boat, with limited shelter, wearing my new 3mm wetsuit was not funny! Didn't wanna get any darker, so I had to leave the suit on. And guess wot? I still got a tan line in the end.

Half an hour later, we arrived at our dive site and I was v. v. eager to jump deep down to stay cool. I was one of the first to gear up and jump into the water. Visibility wasn't great.







Swimming with a school of fish










The back of a lionfish.







Didn't wanna swim to the front to scare it away..like I did to a super huge grouper, and got blamed =(







A scorpion fish I spotted. Excellent camouflage but I've got better eyesight. Hehe









Crabby










Mama lobster and her babies










Everyone hanging onto the rope to do a 3min safety stop at 5m






After 1 hour of surface interval, we en route to our next dive site, Pyramid. It is named Pyramid because of its structure - a patch of coral reef surrounded by sand bar.







Me taking a pic of another diver while somersaulting







Some of the biodiversity of the reef: -






















On the way back to the shore, we stopped at an island, Pelong Rock, for a brief snorkel.











Playing with the Clam












Tired?











Can you spot the crab?











Sea cucumbers everywhere









Camouflager












Wot you looking at?








*************************************************************************************
Dive No1 - Roslan's pontoon, Muara
Time In - 10.16am
Time Out - 11.05am
Depth - 16.6m

Dive No2 - Pyramid, Muara
Time In - 12.15pm
Time Out - 1.09pm
Depth - 15.8m

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool! I've never been under the sea. Looks like fun.

Just a passerby.

sglim17 said...

cmate - it's a great experience, you won't regret. trust me =)