Sunday, September 2, 2007

Melbourne - Recap

It was good to be back in Melbourne. The familiar aussie accent, aroma, and sight were very nostalgic. They instantly brought back alot of memories, both bitter and sweet.

I remembered I used to dread going back to Melbourne - the thought of waking up early in winter, the house chores, and most of all...missing home. But it was different this time. I couldn't wait to go back there. My brothers, cuzzie, and good friends really welcomed me with great hospitality as if I was a tourist. Couldn't ask for more, they are the bestest!







The naked trees







First night - After dinner, we hit the Wine Bar at Lonsdale St. Very cosy, nice ambience. I wouldn't mind chilling out there every night!













Next morning, off to the mountains. Juggling between skiing and snowboarding, I finally decided to join the minority - the cool snowboarders. Did one run on the beginner slope with my sifu (pic below) where he taught me the basic skills and the ways to fall before joining the others on the blue run (or so I thought). They were actually doing the black runs!























On the way down, I lost control. Fell off the slope, rolling down onto a cordoned off closed run and hitting tree branches before halting. *blush*








The next few days, my body was all sore and tired, but managed to get up on my lazy ass to go do stuff.

Jenny's golden retriever






This is one dog you should avoid if it is wagging its tail












Greco cafe renowed for mouthwatering cakes














Chaddy the Fashion Capital






So big I didn't know where to start from







Dim sum



















and more dim sum














Abit of adventure at an indoor rock climbing





The top of the top! Holding on with all my might, waiting for buddy to stop yacking and loosen the rope



















Absolutely not to be missed - Il Dolce Fredo - the best gelato
Mango, Strawberry, Durian, Coconut, Hazelnut roche, Nutella, Greentea, Snickers, Cookies and creme, Tiramisu, Toblerone, and many more.
I wished I could try them all (without gaining any weight, that is!)


Paintball... it's not funny when you get shot














And finally, some souvenirs from Melbourne...








No comments: